Benefits for You
Modern Career and Technical Education centers, like the ones located at Alvirne High School, Milford High School, Nashua High School North and South, are designed to get you to focus on your future by:
- Helping you to set your career path
- Showing you how to strategically plan your education to meet those career goals
- Teaching you the kinds of college- and career-ready skills you’ll need to be successful
CTE gives you the opportunity to engage, explore and energize your career interests and ambitions, so that you can graduate truly prepared for life after high school.
CTE Programs are Engineered for Success
CTE programs are developed through a collaboration between educators and industry partners, and reflect what you’ll need to know to prepare for the full range of opportunities within that career field. Many of these programs offer you the chance to earn college credits or industry training hours and credentials, as well as the opportunity to get out of the classroom to participate in meaningful worked-based learning experiences, such as internships and externships.
Today’s next-generation CTE Career Pathway education is a huge advantage to high school students who face some big life decisions come senior year.
- 80% of CTE students say CTE classes helped them “know where they’re headed”
- More than 78 % of CTE students go on to college after graduation.
In CTE Career Pathway Programs
- Students achieve success by connecting school and careers
- Students engage in a project-based curriculum with a focus on practical experience
- Students have opportunities to earn college credits and industry certifications
- Students participate in job shadow, internship, and work-based learning activities
- Students learn in modern facilities working with industry-standard equipment
- Students develop leadership skills by participating in state and national co-curricular organizations
The Next Move is Yours
- If you’re ready to take learning beyond the classroom …
- If you’re eager to challenge yourself in the shop or on the jobsite …
- If you’re looking for a way to jumpstart your future …
Then maybe it’s time for you to connect with your local CTE center and discover why more than 2,000 high school Career and Technical Education students across Region 16 are proud to say “We Are CTE.”