Discover What CTE Can Offer Your Student
It’s time to take a fresh look at Career and Technical Education - you’ll be surprised at what you discover!
Career and Technical Education has become the smart choice for today’s career- AND college-focused high school students. CTE students learn to become truly invested in their education as they actively plan and prepare for postsecondary success at colleges, trade schools, or military and career employment.
CTE graduates walk away from high school with more than just a diploma. CTE centers in Region 16, and across the nation, prepare students to become agile, lifelong learners, motivated to continually improve their skills, knowledge and professional traits, and attain a level of college and career readiness that will allow them to successfully navigate the demanding and rapidly evolving 21st century economy.
CTE students are enrolled in both their home high school and at the technical education center, and must meet all of their high school’s requirements for graduation.
CTE Prepares Students for Success:
- College Ready - Students can earn college credits at little or no cost through dual and concurrent enrollment opportunities such as Early College and Running Start
- Professionally Skilled - Students can earn internationally-recognized industry certifications and credentials
- Workplace Ready - Students develop the valued skills employers seek out by participating in job shadows and internships, meeting accomplished professionals, competing in state and national skills competitions, and assuming student leadership roles through Career and Technical Student Organizations
- Focused - Students receive college and career guidance - including college and industry site tours, as well as detailed performance feedback from CTE teachers, most of whom are accomplished industry professionals with long careers and robust network connections
- Engaged - Students work hand-in-hand, befriend and learn from fellow students who share similar interests and ambitions
Some facts about CTE that might surprise you:
For more information on your local CTE center: